Gyro Brat Hoagie
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
All the gyro taste you love baked into a hearty hoagie roll and stuffed with brats, onions and a tasty sauce. All the taste without the mess! An excellent use for pregame brat fry leftovers. Make it ahead, then bake in the oven or on the grill at the tailgate!
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
Gyro Brat Hoagie
What you need
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, optional
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3 Grill brats according to package directions.
- 4 When cool enough to handle, cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- 5 Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- 6 Arrange brat slices on bread bottom.
- 7 Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
- 8 Remove from oven. Top with the sauce, onion and tomato.
- 9 Cut hoagie and serve.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE