Gyro Brat Hoagie
Gyro Brat Hoagie. I had these before, they're great, loved them. Also tried them with pita bread. Fried the pita, cut in half, filled with all ingredients. Delicious that way, too. — paul jones
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, optional
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Grill brats according to package directions.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Arrange brat slices on bread bottom.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Top with the sauce, onion and tomato.
- Cut hoagie and serve.