Grown Up Mac & Cheese
Awesome recipe. . Tried this recipe and brought it to a cook out. Everyone raved out it. Of course I had to add a few things and make it my own but it is a fabulous recipe! — Sharon
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked or Three Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, quartered and sliced.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) processed American cheese, cubed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish or a 3-quart oven proof skillet. Spread panko mixture on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Enjoy!