Back To Recipe
Johnsonville® Grillers™ with Mustard and Beer Gravy
About this recipe
Created by Jim C. -Johnsonville Member
- 1 package (32 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Brat Grillers™
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 bottles (12 ounces, each) dark beer, suck as a Porter or a Stout Beer
- 1/3 cup Johnsonville® Sweet Peppa Horseradish Mustard (Bring It)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple juice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Grillers™; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove patties from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions. Sauté for 5 minutes or until browned. Add beer; cook and stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Return Grillers™ to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until patty internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove patties and keep warm.
- Stir mustard and brown sugar into beer mixture.
- In a bowl, combine flour and apple juice until smooth; stir into beer mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve mustard and beer gravy with Grillers™.