Back To Recipe
Grilled Reuben Sandwich with Polish Kielbasa
Love it!. Love Johnsonville & love reubens. Made a wonderful sandwich. — Kathy
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained, (preferably refrigerated style)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Butter each slice of bread on one side only.
- Build the sandwich in a 10 to 12 inch cold skillet.
- Place 2 slices, butter side down in the skillet. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- Then top each of the two slices with ¼ cup of sauerkraut (more if desired) spread it out evenly to cover the dressing.
- Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese on top of the sauerkraut.
- On a small microwaveable plate, heat the 4 pieces of sausage for about 30 seconds just to warm slightly. (Or in a separate small skillet over medium heat pan fry the sausage just to warm through.)
- Place two sausages pieces on top of the cheese in each sandwich. Spread another 1 tablespoon of dressing on the dry side of the last 2 slices of bread and place it dressing side down and butter side up, over the sausages.
- Place the skillet over medium-low heat and grill the sandwich slowly. Grill until the bread is toasted and crisp and the cheese is starting to melt. Press down gently on the sandwich.
- Carefully turn the sandwich over to grill the other side. Grill until the sandwich is nicely toasted on both sides and the cheese is melted. Remove from pan and serve immediately.
- * A panini press can be used in place of the skillet.