Grilled Muffaletta Burger
About this recipe
Finalist of the 2012 Johnsonville No Ordinary Burger Contest.
- 6 JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Grillers
- 2 cups Premade Olive Salad (Recipe To Follow or Store Bought)
- 6 slices Genoa Salami
- 6 slices Mortadella
- 6 slices Provolone
- 6 slices Mozzarella
- 6 each Good Quality Hamburger Buns or Brioche Rolls
- FOR THE OLIVE SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups Pitted Olive Blend (Kalamata, Manzanilla, Pimento Stuffed, Black, etc)
- 1/2 cup Pepperoncini
- 2 each Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Giardiniera
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- Prepare burgers according to package directions.
- While burgers are cooking, prepare the olive salad if you are making your own. In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the olive salad and pulse until roughly chopped and combined.
- About two minutes before the burgers are cooked, layer salami, mortadella, provolone, and mozzarella on top of each patty.
- Let cook for two minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Also slice each roll in half and toast the rolls on the grill for about two minutes.
- Remove everything from the grill.
- Place a patty on top of one half of a bun, layer on olive salad, and press the other bun half on top to create the burger.
- Serve immediately.