Great recipe. This recipe is truly easy and very delicious! To me it's basically really tasty Greek street food. My two kids, who would normally balk at a meal with cucumber and onion in it, gobbled this up. Their comment to me was, "Now this is Greek!" I will definitely be adding this to my list of dinner ideas. — Tom S
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 pita breads, cut in half
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, red onion, water chestnuts, garlic powder and salt.
- In a skillet, sauté sausage in oil until lightly browned. Remove sausage and cool slightly.
- Fold sausage into cucumber mixture.
- Spoon into pitas.