Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
The signature flavors of Johnsonville go globetrotting with this great recipe! No need to endure the hassles of eating out for great pitas when you can make them yourself. This dish captures the essence of Greek flavor with a fantastic cucumber sauce. Red onions, water chestnuts, Greek yogurt and sour cream give the sauce a delicious taste and texture. Add in Johnsonville Smoked Sausage, and you’ve got a great mix to fill into your favorite pita.
- Servings: 4
- Prep: 20 minutes
What you need
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 link (half of 13.5 ounce package) JOHNSONVILLE® Smoked Premium Cooking Sausage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 pita breads, cut in half
- 1 In a bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, red onion, water chestnuts, garlic powder and salt.
- 2 In a skillet, sauté sausage in oil until lightly browned. Remove sausage and cool slightly.
- 3 Fold sausage into cucumber mixture.
- 4 Spoon into pitas.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE