Greek Mason Jar Salad
About this recipe
Note: If you’re watching your sodium intake, substitute or remove the feta cheese, olives and pepperoncini.
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) granulated sugar (optional)
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (360 mL) whole cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 small red onion, diced or sliced thin
- 1 cup (240 mL) thin cucumber slices
- 1 cup (240 mL) chopped bell pepper (about 1/2 large pepper)
- 9 ounces (255 grams) Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Garlic & Herb Chicken Breast, sliced on the bias into strips
- 4 1/2 cups (1080 mL) chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces (85 grams) reduced sodium feta cheese
- 9 kalamata olives
- 3 pepperoncini
- Combine all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Immediately divide the dressing among 3, quart-sized mason jars, spooning 2 tablespoons into each.
- Divide salad ingredients among the three mason jars in the order listed to optimize freshness. To each jar, add 1/2 cup whole cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons diced red onion, 1/3 cup cucumber slices, 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper, 3 ounces chicken, 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine, 1 ounce feta cheese, 3 black olives and 1 pepperoncini.
- Screw on the lids and store mason jars in the fridge until ready to enjoy! When ready to eat, simply pour ingredients into a bowl and serve.