- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) dark beer
- 1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1 jar (8 oz.) Country Dijon mustard
- additional beer optional
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook and stir over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add beer and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; stir in Gorgonzola cheese until melted and well-blended.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by one third; remove from the heat.
- Whisk in mustard; cool.
- Mustard is ready for use on a sandwich or as a dip.