Garlicky Stuffed Mushrooms
About this recipe
Yes. We are aware that mushrooms are in fact a vegetable. The outcast of most party food. But have you ever tried mushrooms jam-packed with the most savory of Italian sausage, crunchy breadcrumbs, and smoky Parmesan cheese?
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® All-Natural Ground Italian Sausage (any variety - Hot, Sweet or Mild)
- 1 pound fresh white or cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 - 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup grated (or shredded) Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently wash the mushrooms under cold water until clean. Rinse and dry. Remove stems from mushrooms.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix together the sausage, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, salt, paprika, Parmesan cheese and olive oil until the breadcrumbs are fully coated with olive oil.
- Fill each of the mushrooms with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place all the mushrooms on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle lightly with more olive oil and or pepper (optional), and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.