Garden Fresh Turkey Sausage Skillet
About this recipe
This recipe developed when my family decided we needed to “spice up” our weekend scrambled egg routine. Now the whole family loves it, even the kids enjoy the extra sharp cheese and basil.
- 1 package (9.6 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 package (20 ounces) Simply Potatoes® refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and hash browns. Cook hash browns according to package directions.
- Cut each turkey sausage link into four equal parts; add to the skillet. Let mixture continue to heat 4-6 minutes.
- Add eggs to the skillet and turn mixture until eggs are fully cooked. Add basil and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the mixture and allow it to melt without stirring.
- Plate the scramble and top with freshly chopped Roma tomatoes and a sprig of fresh basil.