Johnsonville Strawberry and Apple Chicken Sausage Salad
Scrumptious!. Our department had it's monthly professional development meeting. Pot luck was the menu, I saw this recipe in a magazine. Wow! talk about eye appeal with a melody of flavors you would never think would make such a wonderful dish. I received rave reviews! I added celery seed to the dressing along with few dashes of Walnut Pear Cream Balsamic vinegar. And for a Texas style kick, one link of Chicken Habanero and Jalapeno sausage. Delish! — Charlyne
- 1 link (6 ounces) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) pre-washed spring mixed greens
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, lightly brown sausage. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine salad greens, strawberries, apple, walnuts, feta cheese and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey and oil. Pour over salad and toss. Serve.