Back To Recipe
French Toast Sausage Sticks
French Toast Sausage. Is a great combination between sweet and sour — D Ram
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brown Sugar & Honey, Vermont Maple Syrup or Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon spreadable cream cheese
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla; whisk until combined.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out bread to flatten.
- Place one breakfast link on the edge of a bread slice; roll up jelly roll style.
- Dip in egg mixture to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Repeat for remaining sausage.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Place cream cheese in a resealable plastic bag. Cut the corner off and pipe cream cheese onto the top of each French Toast Sausage Stick.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- TIPS: For even easier preparation, use Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Breakfast Links and omit step 2. Try drizzling white icing or Nutella® over French Toast Sausage Sticks.