Football Sausage Pancakes
About this recipe
Fabulous football flapjacks for your famished fanatics.
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk pancakes and waffle mix (just add water)
- 1 7/8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook sausage according to package directions; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pancake mix, water and vanilla. Stir until large lumps disappear. Do not over mix. Pour ½ cup of batter into the shape of a football onto a hot nonstick griddle.
- Place one sausage link lengthwise in the center of the football. Cut two additional links into thirds; arrange 3 sausage pieces on each side of the whole link to form the laces.
- When bubbles form on top of pancake; carefully turn with a large spatula. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Remove to a serving plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter and sausage. Serve.