Johnsonville Flame Grilled Southwestern Chicken Soup
Easy, Healthy, Convient, My go to dinner!. We are so busy every night, and to make a homemade dinner , impossible! I make this big pot of soup on Sunday afternoon, store individual sized containers in the fridge, so easy to grab, warm it up in the microwave and off we go. Easy to eat in the car, and healthy and hearty. Perfection! — dawn lemay
- 1 package (9 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Flame Grilled Southwestern Seasoned or JOHNSONVILLE® Flame Grilled Black Pepper and Sea Salt Chicken Breasts, diced
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) frozen Southwest Blend vegetable mix (corn, black beans, poblano peppers, red peppers & onions)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wonton strips, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken, Southwest blend vegetable mix, chicken broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, taco seasoning and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with wonton strips, cheese and sour cream, if desired.