Johnsonville Flame Grilled Lemon Chicken Pasta
Terrific!. I used asparagus instead of peas and added halved cherry tomatoes. Tomatoes added a great flavor to this dish, Overall, very good recipe!! — marty
- 1 package (9 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Flame Grilled Black Pepper and Sea Salt Chicken Breasts, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen peas or 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 - 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked bowtie pasta (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or thyme, chopped
- In a large skillet, sauté the pepper and peas or asparagus in olive oil and butter for 6 minutes or until crisp tender; add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add cream cheese, chicken broth, lemon zest and salt.
- Cook until smooth; add the chicken and pasta.
- Cook until heated through.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and herbs.