Johnsonville Flame Grilled Chicken with Pesto Pasta
About this recipe
When Johnsonville does pasta, everyone wins! This pasta is packed with delicious flavors and rich veggies: zucchini, squash, mushrooms and pepper. The signature flavor of Johnsonville Flame Grilled Chicken brings everything together for another simple and delicious meal!
- 1 package (9 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Flame Grilled Garlic and Herb or JOHNSONVILLE® Flame Grilled Black Pepper and Sea Salt Chicken Breasts, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 orange pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked Penne pasta (4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In a skillet, sauté the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and pepper in olive oil.
- Add the chicken, pasta, tomatoes, Alfredo, pesto, ¼ cup cheese and salt.
- Cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and basil before serving.