Back To Recipe
Fire-Roasted Red Pepper and Corn Relish
Servings10, (2 1/2 cups) servings
love the ease - and brats. easy, brats, corn what else do ya need? — janet hall
- 2 medium red bell peppers*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- *Timesaving Tip: Instead of roasting fresh bell peppers, substitute 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped.
- Broil peppers and rotate until skins blister and are blackened on all sides. Place peppers in a paper bag and close bag; let steam for 10 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stem and seeds. Chop peppers.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and green onions; sauté until corn is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute or until liquid is reduced. Remove from the heat; stir in honey and roasted peppers.
- Enjoy with Johnsonville Chicken Sausage Chipotle Monterey Jack or Johnsonville Chicken Sausage Cajun Style.