Fast and Easy Red Beans and Sausage
Servings6 to 8 servings
Make it easy on yourself... plus save time and use Zatarains Red Beans & Rice (or their Black Beans & Rice). Make it even more interesting & delish by adding Johnsonville's Flame Grilled Chicken along with the sauce. Take it a step further to make (what I call) "New Orleans Paella" by adding clams during the last few minutes rice is cooking (till clams open) and voila...a spectacular festive dish. — Mary
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) light red kidney beans
- cooked white rice
- In a skillet, brown sausage in oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper and garlic. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add water, bay leaves, cayenne pepper and beans. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.