Fast and Easy Red Beans and Sausage
Fast and Easy Red Beans and Sausage. We have been using this recipe for abut 4 years now and we have never been let down. Our family loves it and its an easy go to meal. We followed the recipe exactly and it was Delicious! P.s. if your not sticking to the directions then it really isn't a review on this recipe. — Alan
Servings6 to 8 servings
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) light red kidney beans
- cooked white rice
- In a skillet, brown sausage in oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper and garlic. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add water, bay leaves, cayenne pepper and beans. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.