Fast 'n' Easy Baked Ziti
About this recipe
Authentic Italian has never been this simple! Johnsonville’s Italian Cheese Chicken Sausage is a great addition that will make this a new favorite.
- 8 ounces tube pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) Johnsonville Italian Cheese Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown sausage
- Stir in marinara sauce; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, 1½ cups of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Add pasta to cheese mixture; toss to coat.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer one half of the pasta mixture and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with basil.