Farmer's Market Sausage Soup
About this recipe
For a bountiful soup reminiscent of the day’s harvest, this recipe brings together a wide range of fresh veggies to create a balanced, light taste: carrots, onion, celery, zucchini, kale and summer squash.
- 1 package (19-ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild or Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grill Italian sausages on the Johnsonville® Sizzling Sausage Grill™ (or cook using your favorite method). Cool slightly; slice into 1/2-inch slices and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté carrots, onion and celery until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, broth, zucchini, squash, kale, tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.