End-Zone Dance Chili
About this recipe
If chili could dance, what dance moves would it do? Who knows, but this simple chili is mighty delicious. Ladle up this awesome combo of Johnsonville Sausage and Bush’s Beans for your guests
- 1 package (9 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® All-Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 package (9 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® All-Natural Fresh Italian Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cans (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans (16 ounces) Bush’s® Pinto Beans in Mild Chili Sauce, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) Bush’s® Kidney Beans in Mild Chili Sauce, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces barbecue sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 onion, diced, to taste
- 10 - 15 large tortilla chips
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- In a large sauce pan, brown sausage; drain.
- Add onion; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, all chili beans, tomato paste and red pepper flakes; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix barbecue sauce and sour cream.
- Serve; sprinkle with cheese or favorite topping, such as large tortilla chips with diced jalapenos, diced onions and broiled cheese or a drizzle of barbecue sauce and sour cream mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce and sour cream.
- If an oven is available for the final 30 minutes of prep, use a sheet pan or cookie tray to melt cheese on the chips before serving.