Easy Sausage Pizza
Good and bad.. OK, here we go. The recipe that's on this website is different than the one in Food Network Magazine for the same pizza, which is the recipe I followed. It calls for a lb. of Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage which is way too much for a 12-inch pizza crust. Also calls for a cup of pizza sauce which I thought was way too much also. But yet the 1-1/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese was hardly enough. The pizza was good but I will just use my judgement in the future when making it again. The Johnsonville Italian Sausage was definitely the highlight of the pizza. I used it raw and it cooked with no problem when broken into dime size pieces. This was my first attempt at using the premade pizza crust and actually my first time at making a homemade pizza. We usually get frozen pizzas. My husband devoured the whole thing and was raving about it. As I said, I will definitely make it again. — Sue
- Remove sausage from casing and pinch into dime-sized pieces.
- Spread sauce over crust; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Add Italian Sausage pieces and green pepper.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake according to crust package directions or until sausage is no longer pink (160˚F) and cheese is melted.
- For the finishing touch, drizzle with Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil before cutting.