Easy Italian Breakfast Pizza -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
Some said it couldn't be done. Others were afraid of the consequences, but the mad geniuses at Johnsonville have come up with a culinary creation that combines pizza and breakfast food. Eggs, hash browns, green onions, red bell peppers and sausage are lovingly covered with a delicious melty layer of Parmesan, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses. Johnsonville's Italian Sausage adds robust Italian flavor. Pizza lovers have a new reason to get up in the morning!
- 3 links Johnsonville® Fresh Italian Mild Sausage
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 12-inch prebaked thin pizza crust
- 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Grill sausage on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; cut into coin slices.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook hash brown potatoes according to package directions until golden; set aside.
- To assemble pizza, evenly spread Alfredo sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spread prepared hash browns over crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange sausage on pizza. Top each quarter with an egg. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, pepper and green onions.
- Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until eggs are at desired doneness.