Delish!. Made this tonight. Turned out delicious. I added creole seasoning for an added kick. And sauteed bell pepper and celery along with the onion. I used 1 full cup of rice to make this stretch. Husband loved it!!! Thanks! — jessica
- 1/2 cup uncooked Uncle Ben’s® Converted® Brand rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Gourmet Garden parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter; sauté onions until tender.
- Add parsley, bay leaf, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, rice and sausage; stir until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, discard bay leaf, garnish with green onion and serve.