Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage
Fast, Simple, Delicious and Flavorful!. I don't like spice nor does my 4 year old so I modified the recipe by using smoked sausage instead, and when I was plating the food, just added a pinch of cayenne pepper to dad's. He's a fan of heat. This is such a simple recipe and I love that it tastes like it's been cooking all day. Thanks Johnsonville. Keep the good products coming our way!!!! — Lauretta Archibald
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions using 4 cups chicken stock.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown sausage in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pepper, celery, garlic and remaining broth.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add hot rice to sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley.