Crispy Rice and Smoked Sausage Casserole
About this recipe
For a flavorful play with texture, this recipe idea is simply a must-try. This casserole brings together a beautiful array of flavors with curry powder, cinnamon and Greek yogurt to tempt the palate. Zucchini, mushrooms and Johnsonville Smoked Sausage come together to give you a soft, delicious center that complements the crispy rice on top. The different combinations in this dish will leave you craving more!
- 1 link (1/2 of a 13.5 ounces package) Johnsonville Smoked Split Rope Sausage
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/4 cups sliced mushrooms
- On a cutting board, cut sausage into 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine rice, eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, curry and cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter into a greased 8-in. x 8-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Spoon one-half of rice mixture into pan; spread evenly.
- Arrange sausage slices on top of rice.
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté zucchini and mushrooms until tender and lightly browned.
- Cover sausage with prepared vegetables.
- Spoon remaining rice mixture over the top.
- Bake, covered, at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cut into fourths and with a wide spatula invert pieces onto serving plates.