Crispy Rice Smoked Sausage Casserole
This is my Favorite of them all!. Now that the colder weather has arrived, I've been looking for hearty one dish meals. This recipe fits the bill and was delish!! — Pappy
- 18 ounces Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, original
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 whole zucchini, sliced ¼-inch pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Mix rice, egg, yogurt, salt, pepper, cinnamon and curry until blended.
- Pour 1 tablespoon butter into 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish. Spread half of rice mixture into dish. Spread sausage pieces on top of rice.
- Sauté zucchini and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly browned and soft. Spread over sausage layer. Spread rest of rice on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes and serve.