Crescent Wrapped Meatballs
Super Yum and Easy to Make!. I received the #Johnsonville Italian Style Meatballs to try from #crowdtap and i wanted to try a recipe that hadn't yet been reviewed so i chose this one. First off, this is super easy to make. 3 ingredients, 20 minutes from prep to finish and time to eat. Rather than using as an appetizer, we had this for dinner with a side salad. They are VERY filling. I ate just three crescent wrapped meatballs and was full. The way the mozzarella melts over the meatball within the flaky pastry is just delicious. We dipped in marinara. Highly recommend! — Kamrynsmom
- 16 Johnsonville® frozen Italian Style Meatballs, thawed
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce for dipping, heated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent dough on a greased baking sheet. Working with one piece of dough at a time, place 2 squares of cheese on the wide end of crescent roll dough. Top with a meatball and roll up dough, completely covering the meatball. Repeat with the remaining cheese, meatballs and dough. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with marinara sauce.
- For extra flavor, try adding 1 teaspoon pesto or marinara sauce under each meatball before rolling up.