Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
Taste of Italy and very simple to make. This was very tasty. I did not have any recipes similar to this, so it is a welcome addition. I made it the second time for family members who were visiting and they all loved it. I added some sauteed spinach at the end as well. — Lisa
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Sweet Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 package (16 ounces) gnocchi pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), trimmed
- 1 cup prepared or homemade pesto
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and return to pot.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté peppers and peas until crisp-tender. Transfer to pasta pot.
- In the same skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink and lightly browned. Add pasta mixture. Return large pot to stove-top. Over low heat, stir to combine all ingredients. Add pesto and cream; toss gently to coat all ingredients.
- Heat through and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.