Back To Recipe
Spicy Cracked Black Pepper Brats
About this recipe
The great taste of Johnsonville Brats...fired up with the spice of a pepper assortment!
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch round slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 1 to 2 Jalapeño peppers, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 5 hoagie rolls, split
- Grill brats according to package directions.
- Brush onion slices with oil and grill over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until crisp-tender and golden.
- Cut onion slices in half; place in a large bowl.
- Grill whole peppers until skins blister, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Grill and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place peppers in a bowl and cover or cool for 30 seconds, place in a large resealable plastic bag and seal; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove seeds. Slice peppers into ¼-inch strips; place in bowl with onions.
- Add cracked pepper to onions and peppers; toss gently.
- Place one brat in each roll. Top with pepper and onion mixture.
- Serve hot.