Corn Maque Choux
About this recipe
Considered a Cajun version of succotash, this dish makes a tremendous side or flavorful centerpiece, particularly for corn lovers. Chef Kevin Belton features Johnsonville’s Andouille rope smoked sausage as the hero protein.
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 - 1 pound JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Rope Sausage, cubed
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Italian parsley to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Roast corn until heated through, about 10 minutes, in a 400-degree oven on a roasting rack. Remove from the oven, cool and remove corn from the cob. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and add Andouille, sauté for 3 minutes. Add corn, onion, bell pepper, Creole seasoning, thyme, garlic, hot sauce, green onion, tomato and parsley. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning and