Corkscrew Sausage Marsala
50/50. My husband loved this dish. Me, not so much. I found it way too salty, maybe from the marsala? And the entire process took just over an hour, mostly waiting for first the wine to cook down, and then the cream. It did look great, and I had high hopes, but he gets the leftovers. — Laurie
- 1 package (16 ounces) rotini or spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Mild Italian Sausage or (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Spoon sausage into pan using a tablespoon. Cook sausage until fully cooked and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, sauté garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil until caramelized.
- Add garlic and mushroom mixture to the sausage.
- Add wine. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cream; cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.