Colorful Fall Harvest Stew
Fall Harvest Stew 5 star rated. This recipe is really a good one!!! My family really enjoyed it served with breadsticks. I didn't have the fresh tomatoes, but instead substituted a large can of diced seasoned tomatoes, (adding only as much of the juice as you think is needed) adding them a few minutes before all was cooked completely, and it turned out good!!! Will surely make this again soon — Helen Martin
- 1 package (14 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Beef Brats, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups beef stock or broth
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; add to stew.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.