Chorizo Mac Skillet
About this recipe
This skillet recipe is loaded with so many delicious flavors and textures that it could only come from Johnsonville. This Chorizo Mac Skillet is a savory sensation, bringing together Chorizo Ground Sausage, turkey chili, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. For some great textures, shell pasta, rice and crushed tortilla chips add more layers of depth and taste. Ready in just 30 minutes, you’ll be an instant fan of this south of the border skillet!
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Chorizo Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) turkey chili with beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup crushed baked tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Add chili, tomatoes, chips, 1/2 cup cheese and rice to meat mixture; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in prepared pasta; heat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.