Chorizo Enchilada Bake
About this recipe
For a satisfying meal that you can make with a quickness, look no further than Johnsonville. This recipe idea takes Ground Chorizo Sausage, refried beans, mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese and lays the mix on top of your favorite instant crescent rolls. The end result is melty, cheesy goodness on top of fluffy pillows of baked bread. Just set, forget, and soon you’ll have this fantastic meal ready in no time!
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Chorizo Ground Sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans (vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add beans and onion, stir until heated through.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Press dough in bottom and up sides of the baking dish. Press perforations to seal.
- Spread sausage mixture over crust. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings.