About this recipe
Get your party started right with this cheesy dip that’s ready in no time. This Johnsonville inspired recipe brings together Chorizo Ground Sausage, tomatoes, green chilies, cream cheese and American cheese for a flavor and spice that’ll make your amigos beg for more. If you’ve got the time, try this recipe in a slow-cooker and discover a taste that’s truly worth the wait!
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Chorizo Ground Sausage
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 packages (8 ounces, each) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) processed American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile in a heavy saucepan or double boiler, combine chilies and cheeses.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until cheeses have melted, about 12-14 minutes.
- Add sausage; continue to cook on medium until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.