Slow Cooker Chorizo Dip
About this recipe
Patience is a virtue, and this Chorizo Dip recipe proves that great things are worth waiting for. This masterpiece from the Johnsonville Kitchens brings together Chorizo Ground Sausage, tomatoes, green chilies, cream cheese and American cheese for a melty, gooey sensation that’s perfect for the slow cooker treatment. No time for a slow cooker? Try the quick and easy stovetop version and reward your stomach in minutes!
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Chorizo Ground Sausage
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 packages (8 ounces, each) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) processed American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer sausage to a slow cooker. Add tomatoes with chilies and cheeses.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.