Back To Recipe
Chorizo Burgers with Tomato Mint Salsa and Blue Cheese Ginger Mayonnaise
About this recipe
Finalist of the 2012 Johnsonville No Ordinary Burger Contest.
- 6 JOHNSONVILLE® Chorizo Grillers 32 oz.
- 1 cup Good Quality Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Grated Fresh Ginger Root
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Mint
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 each Jalapeno, Seeded and Chopped
- 1 each Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 each Good Quality Hamburger Buns, Split
- 2 tablesppons Butter
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- For mayonnaise combine mayonnaise with sour cream and ginger. Fold in blue cheese and chill until needed.
- Salsa is made by combining in a bowl the tomatoes with onion, mint, cilantro, jalapeno and juice from the lime. Season to taste with salt.
- Brush the grill rack with oil. Place burgers on the rack and grill to desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium, turning once.
- During the last few minutes of grilling toast buttered buns cut side down.
- To assemble place a burger on each bun bottom and top with salsa and the remaining bun top dressed with mayonnaise.