Back To Recipe
Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage with Southwestern Style Rice
yum. it's pretty good, add hot sauce for a kick — jaime
- 1 package Mahatma® or Carolina® Yellow Rice Mix
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onions and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with green chilies and heat through.
- Serve sausage mixture over rice and top with cilantro and cheese.