- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Chicken Sausage with Cheese and Chipotle Peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounce) green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 can (28 ounce) mild enchilada sauce
- 3 cups grated Mexican blend cheese (or a Monterey Jack/ Cheddar blend)
- 9 6 inch flour tortillas
- 2 green onions, (scallions) sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and diced onion. Sauté onion for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, green chilies and cumin. Stir together for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Coin slice the sausage links and add them to the bean mixture, stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of an oiled 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Layer 3 tortillas on top of the sauce covering the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top of the tortillas and spread 1/2 of the sausage mixture on top of the cheese. Pour ¾ cup of sauce over the sausage mixture. Repeat the layers: tortillas, cheese, sausage, and sauce.
- End with the remaining 3 tortillas; cover these with the remaining sauce and the cheese. Top with a sprinkling of green onions.
- Bake at 375°F uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes. Sauce along edges should be bubbling hot.
- Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream, or fresh avocado slices.