Back To Recipe
Chili and Roasted Garlic Stuffed Peppers
About this recipe
This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! It's packed-full of the delicious flavor from Johnsonville Chile and Roasted Garlic Ground Sausage.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Chile and Roasted Garlic Sausage
- 5 peppers
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1-2/3 cups (4 ounces) shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink.
- Add the spinach, marinara sauce and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cut the top off of each pepper and scoop out insides.
- Place peppers on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Fill peppers with sausage mixture. Place large peppers in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- TIP: For a fun appetizer, use mini sweet bell peppers instead of large peppers, omit the microwave heating step. Place mini stuffed peppers upright in muffin cups while baking.