Chile and Roasted Garlic Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes
About this recipe
This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! It's packed-full of the delicious flavor from Johnsonville Chile and Roasted Garlic Ground Sausage.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Chile and Roasted Garlic Sausage
- 12 medium red potatoes, (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ plus ¾ teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut potatoes in half and arrange cut side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender; let cool slightly. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch of pulp in the potato shells. (Save potato pulp for another use.)
- Sprinkle shells with ¼ teaspoon chili powder; place on a baking sheet cut side up. Sprinkle with ½ cup cheese.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage, red pepper and onion until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in ¾ cup cheese. Fill shells with sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sour cream, ¾ teaspoon chili powder, seasoned salt, lime juice and peel.
- Drizzle over stuffed potatoes; sprinkle with green onion. Serve with remaining sour cream.