Chicken Zucchini Pasta Primavera
About this recipe
Turn a traditional comfort food into a lighter spring meal by making “pasta” with fresh zucchini noodles, sautéing them with spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, summer squash, cherry tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Top the dish with Johnsonville Flame-Grilled Garlic & Herb Chicken Breast and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to fulfill your protein needs and perfectly round out the meal.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 small summer squash, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or a blend of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, onion powder and garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (about 15 tomatoes)
- 3 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and spiralized
- 9 ounces Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Garlic & Herb Chicken Breast, chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or casserole pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, summer squash, broccoli, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Cook 5 minutes more or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, spiralized zucchini and sliced chicken and use tongs to gently toss and combine ingredients.
- Cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini noodles are tender and everything is heated through.
- Strain any unwanted liquid from the pan, stir in Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.