Chicken Sausage Stuffing with Honey Roasted Cashews
About this recipe
Dress up your stuffing with a little help from the flavor geniuses at Johnsonville! This dish takes your basic herb seasoned stuffing and adds in the deliciousness of Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage to elevate your stuffing from ordinary to extraordinary. As an added taste sensation, honey roasted cashews are thrown in the mix to better accentuate the balance of savory and sweet flavors. With contrasting flavors and textures, this meal goes great with everything.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) cubed herb seasoned bread stuffing
- 1 can (8.25 ounces) honey roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- On a cutting board, dice sausage links into 1/2 –inch pieces and set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onion and celery until tender. Transfer onion mixture into a large bowl. Add bread stuffing, sausage, cashews and sage. Pour broth and eggs over all; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3 to 4 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve.