Chicken Sausage Stuffing with Cranberries
About this recipe
Enjoy a delicious dish that capitalizes on the balance of sweet and savory flavors and textures. This Johnsonville creation uses your favorite stuffing and adds in onions, celery, chicken broth and dried cranberries. The cranberries add in the right level of tartness when paired with Johnsonville’s Apple Chicken Sausage. The sausage already delivers a great taste by itself, but when paired with the stuffing and cranberries, you’ve got a taste that’s sure to please everyone at your table.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) cubed herb seasoned stuffing
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Apple Chicken Sausage, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the stuffing cubes, sausage, cranberries and sage. Add broth and eggs; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. or 4-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°F.