Chicken Sausage Stuffing with Cranberries and Orange
About this recipe
For a fruit-infused stuffing delight, try this fantastic recipe from Johnsonville. This dish takes your favorite herb seasoned stuffing and adds in some sweetness with the addition of cranberries and orange. The orange plays a pivotal role, using the juice and peel to really give you a flavor to remember. Combine these with Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage, and you’ve got a creation that’s great as a side or a main course!
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package cubed herb seasoned bread stuffing
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- zest from one medium-sized orange
- juice from one medium-sized orange
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- On a cutting board, dice sausage links into ½ -inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onion and celery until tender. Transfer onion mixture into a large bowl. Add bread stuffing, sausage, cranberries, orange zest, juice and sage.
- Pour broth and eggs over all; stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into a greased 3 to 4 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve.