Chicken Apple Sausage ‘n’ Egg Stackers
Reviews were right!. I'm glad that I read the reviews before I made this as I would have chosen parsley over cilantro. The cilantro was the perfect choice to really make these special. My family couldn't get enough and they're super-easy to make. Love them! — Karen
Servings6 (4 each) servings
- 2 links JOHNSONVILLE® Fully Cooked Apple Chicken Sausage, cut into coins
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, cut into 24 slices
- parsley or cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage and sauté until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour into 24 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray. (Muffin cups should be about half-full.)
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Immediately top with cheese and sausage.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve with toothpicks.