Back To Recipe
Cheesy Sausage & Potato Breakfast Casserole
Eggs - do we beat tjhem, whisk them, or what?. No directions regarding the eggs. Not sure what to do with them. — Doris Crawford
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Recipe Breakfast Links
- 1/2 package (20 ounces) frozen roasted potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- Cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch slices. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, potatoes, onion, green pepper and 1-3/4 cups cheese.
- Spoon into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.